Sunday, June 26, 2011





















Sonia and Mum’s Visit to Sydney - 18th June 2011 Part II

After dessert at Lindt Cafe, we decided to head over to one of my favourite places in Sydney - the Sydney Aquarium!

The new coles ad is the worst ad I have ever heard.
Just terrible. That woman has an awful, AWFUL voice.
“Down down, the prices are down”
Have you seen it? ughhh 3 times in the past hour

I’m a late bloomer in the blogging world. In a drunken state, ripe with cigar-breath and with gin attacking my liver, I resolved to blog my opinions and life lessons - albeit for my own smug enjoyment - in the early and horribly seedy hours of the first day of 2010. 

Friends have been blogging for years. It’s a bit of a redundant chore for many now following the popularity explosion of Facebook. I don’t get the Facebook. It’s too invasive, I don’t have it. At least when I blog, I can do so with some anonymity which grants me an arms-length from the people I annoy with my self-righteous scribing. And I do annoy people. I’ve received a surprising number of comments from wankers that can’t cope with my words but to be honest, the comments in reply to my posts are often my favourite part of this process.

Battling with a severe case of self-starter-sabotage, I unenthusiastically started six months later. I’m a Google fan so Blogger was the logical choice - or so I thought. Horrible. It’s about the only Google product that I don’t enjoy. It’s the the housing commission of the blog world.

Then I found Tumblr. It’s sleek, cool, minimalist. My dashboard is always full of NSFW content, eye candy and cheap thrills. What’s not to love? I signed up on 1 November last year. I’ve posted nearly 200 bits of opinion and other crap - averaging a post every one and half days. I know, I know - addicted much - but I don’t write that often. When I do though, I flood my blog mostly with my own content or something that’s taken my fancy usually with some of my own commentary.

I see you puzzled to work out the numbers. 52 weeks of blogging and he only signed up in November? That doesn’t compute. Well it’s been a solid year across the two platforms and nearly a year and six months since I first promised to start so we’ll call it an anniversary, a milestone, a reason to crack open another bottle of wine and celebrate - though these days, any excuse will do.

It’s also the end of the financial year. Those in the numbers game will be a little on edge this week. Tread lightly on approach to the Accounts office. It’s a time where number geeks are seen and heard instead of kept in the dark and fed shit like mushrooms. If accountants had it their way, we’d be singing Auld Lang Syne and breaking out the firecrackers at the end of June and not December.

Being the epitome of all things finance and chic (that’s a joke in case you’re wondering), I thought I’d do a year in review for the financial year that was - or rather - the one that is about to be over. A lot has happened so I’ll break it up in to a few posts.

Here it is. The 52 weeks series.

Enjoy.







Vivid Sydney 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment