Saturday, June 18, 2011

Balm Shelter: The Great Barrier Reef





Taken from the Q1 deck.

Why can’t the beaches back home be this amazing?

Heads up—-Florida isn’t as great as it sounds. At all. We broke some Aussie hearts by telling them the reality, pahaha.





Australian television reporter fails at telling Dalai Lama joke to the Dalai Lama



Sydney by day! Travel video guide! http://bit.ly/aC4wde travel sydney australia



L’infinito in un passo. -Giovanotti



. by donald.martinez on Flickr.



I’m turned on. Wet.  Breathless. I am often fantasizing that one day I’ll be here.

The Great Barrier Reef.

This underwater beauty with a great variety of fish, sponges, anemones, marine worms and crustaceans stretches miles long on the north-east shelf of Australia. Disney was on point because I would gladly take the role of King Triton’s daughter, Ariel. Swimming (+ singing) across stretches of coral reef with my friends Flounder and Sebastian sounds dreamy. I’m sure in a past life I was a sea creature; a dolphin, a sea urchin, or even jellyfish. Just floatin’….

Rich in color and abundant with life, The Great Barrier Reef has always been a place for me to find refuge when I’m not feelin’ so great. Perhaps it’s being in the water, the ocean that gets me to a state of tranquility. Or maybe it’s the mere fact that since the beginning of time these reefs have always been around; evolving. It’s greatness, diversity, and maturity reflects its wisdom & beauty. I think I go there in my mind to give reverence and be at peace. I plan to one day, hopefully in January 2012, make possible a trip to Australia to pay my respect & give an offering of thanks to all it’s glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment