Sunday, June 19, 2011

NEWS FLASH GLEEKON GO-ERS: They're not trying to get one more person out but FOUR more people.



Aus, Melb.

I’m so excited for my future carrer! This is Qantas Airlines, (Spirit of Australia) evacuation commands. 

http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/interrogationroom/all-time-low

http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/interrogationroom/all-time-low

http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/interrogationroom/all-time-low





Amelia took a photo that I ended up liking way more than any of the ones I took



I make friends with weird beings. 





In which Matt leaves Sydney on a plane full of old people and arrives in New Zealand to mussels, a road-trip and lots of questions.

Pacific Ocean

0834 Sydney Time

Sydney airport is nice, but enough already with the audible announcements! Every frigging minute there’s a “final call”. Every other airport in the world has dispensed with the audio announcements. It’s time to do the same Sydney. It’s annoying!

In other news, Gate 25 for QF55 is rammed full of old people. The number of people around my age is in single figures.

Leigh

2301 New Zealand Time

After an arduous and tedious customs procedure where I was asked multiple questions, I’m now in New Zealand. And wow, is my host pulling out the stops!!! I’m in Leigh in what is officially still the City of Auckland but really isn’t. We’re spending the night at Iain’s holiday home. His intention is to show me the Northland Region before heading back to Auckland at the weekend. He’s picked me up from the airport, he’s driven me around & he’s bought me an amazing dinner of enormous New Zealand Green-lipped Mussels. He’s already been an exceptional host. But with plans including going to see Stone Temple Pilots live in concert, a birthday party and live rugby, I really have won the travel lottery. It’s going to be an exciting week!

Outside, the wind is blowing in off of the Pacific Ocean, buffeting the single pane window frames. A strangely comforting sound.

Anyway, best get some sleep. A busy day awaits.

Unfortunately, due to legislation, they can’t say who they’re trying. 1000 bucks says Chris is one of them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment